Monday, August 2, 2010

HAWT Date with the Mrs. planned for tonight --Moved from other site

So, after 18 years, it was official last Thursday, I still chase the Mrs. around the house, or anywhere else for that matter... I figure it is time to give her a little assistance on maybe being able to outrun me.  So tonight I am scheduling a nice little "restart" with her.  I need to get my form changed soon, and so I figure the best way to do that is to help her get into running.  Tonight's date will be Week 3 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K plan for her, and I will go along with her running in my VFF's to get me used to running in them.  We plan on running together Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings.  Nothing says you are married with kids, like the thought of going for a run or to the gym as being a ROCKIN' good time.  My heel is giving me grief again, and when I was running this morning I noticed it is probably because I am putting my foot down oddly to try and favor that side.  This is going to be an issue quickly if I don't get it corrected.

 I did a nice 8.5 on Saturday at a slow and easy 10:30 pace.  I stopped to talk to a friend that was having a garbage sale, and as I stood there I could feel my legs tighten up, so I bid her adieu and took off to finish my run.  This morning I decided that with 13 weeks until my first Pikermi, I needed to get serious about it, so I went out for a nice easy 3 miler to wake up the legs and give the heel a bit of encouragement to relax a bit.  It felt better by the end, but now as I type this up 5 hours later, it is sore again.  Tomorrow will be a gym morning to lift some weights and get a little rowing time in.

To rub it in a bit to you who have been dying in the heat, this morning it was 57 with 97% humidity.  Just a little shy of a perfect 60 and raining.  Tonight should be a nice evening for running as it will still be light enough to not need my light sticks.

 See not as inflammatory as my last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment