Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ah, That both hurt and felt good. ---Moved from other site

So I went for a 4 miler today, and running on the flats and up hill felt pretty good.  Downhill however, kind hurt the heel a lot.  I got home and iced it.  It felt good to be back on the road, but dang, this heel pain is a pain. 

I started out thinking I would take it slow, and when I got to the two mile mark, I hit the button on the iPod and the Nike+ Super-Accurate-Highly-Adaptive-to-Changes-In-Pace Device told me that I still had .2 to go for two miles.  And, as we know, .2 miles doesn't matter.  But it did tell me that I had been running for just under 19 minutes, and that was pretty good for the first run in a week, and only the third in over a month.  Two miles later, my heel was HURTING and so were my lungs.  Man am I out of shape in a short time.  Although, there may be some correlation to my "fitness" this morning and the three rather large Rum and Cokes that I had last night.   My final stats for todays run: 4.1 miles at 9:28 pace; and one REALLY irritated heel.  I will roll my legs again tonight with the evil Stick as that seems to help for some reason.

If the heel isn't too bad in the am, I may go for a quick 3 or 4 again.  I need to get back up to decent mileage soon as I have a Pikermi that I really want to do in October.  I think I can work through this pain, but we will take things on a day to day.  Have a good weekend, and to all you either in the middle of races (you won't see this so, meh) or getting ready for one tomorrow, run well, and finish strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment