Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ahh, that didn't feel as good as clynn78's ***Updated*** --Moved from other site

OK, so I am still nursing this ankle, and I have been feeling less than stellar about my fitness level.  I can feel the lazies sneaking in.  So I called the Mrs. and informed her that I was stopping at the Y tonight for some XT.  She thought that was a great idea.  This tells me she thinks I'm getting lazy too.  Not a good sign.  I bought some KT tape last night on my way home and taped up yesterday, so far so good, the heel didn't hurt too bad today, hence the "need" to stop at the Y.

I get there and do a quick warm up on the eliptical machine.  My heel didn't really like this, but it kept itself content to just remind me that it was an "issue".  I then did the rounds of the usual machines that I used to do regularly.  Boy howdy!  It has been a while since I was on those machines.  Not only did the settings that I had down in my book not match what I could even come close to doing tonight, I was getting winded lifting weights.  In fact, over 3 hours later, I'm still feeling a bit out of it.  Anarobic excersize is not my thing.  Plus there were a couple of guys pounding out some mileage on the dreadmills, and I REALLY wanted to hop on one and remind myself why I hate them so.  In fact, I did the whole, yes, no, yes, no dance on the indoor track after I was done with the weights as to whether I was going to get on one or not.  I settled for 20 minutes on the eliptical with the resistance set at 10 and rolling through one of the "programs".  After the cool down I stretched and then hit the showers.  Dang I can tell the last seven months of running has really ramped up my sweat factory.  My cotton shirt was drenched.  I suppose I should wear one of my tech shirts, but I feel like those should be saved for running.

Tomorrow morning, depending on how I feel, both in terms of just general malaize and my ankle, I will try for an easy 4 miler.  I did one Saturday, and the ankle hurt most of the day afterwords.  But I can ice it right after, and get up every couple of hours to stretch during the day, so I should be OK.  We will see.


No run this am.  I got out of bed at 4:30 and the ankle said, "Yeah, you know all that Elliptical low impact stuff, well, here try this on... "  So I got up anyway, and went and iced the ankle and chilled (get it) for the time that I would have been out for a four miler.  Or at least part of it.  I will hit the gym again today on my way home and maybe do some rowing instead of the ellipticals.  It is supposed to be good for core muscles more so than the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment