Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rough couple of weeks. ---Moved from other site

So instead of my "hot date" with the Mrs., last week, I have been re-habbing a VERY sore ankle.  I don't go to Dr.s so I will only guess that it is tendinitis.  It has been responding fairly well to ice and ibuprofen, so I ice it every night when I get home from work, and then again before bed.  I do a nice 800 mg of IB just before bed as well.  It leaves me a bit groggy in the am, but then that is what the Gods gave us coffee for.  I have a 5K race on Friday, that I am currently listed as a "Game day decision" (ahh the NFL starts soon....).  We will see how I feel in the am, since the race starts at 6:50 pm.  I might be able to hobble along on Friday.  I am more interested in getting it well enough to cram for a Pikermi on 10/24 than to kill myself this week, so that is on my mind as well.

Oh, and did I mention that I kicked a stack of firewalls when wearing VFF's.  Turns out that they don't offer much in the way of "impact protection" for little toes.

 Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment