Sunday, February 7, 2010

New week and a house full of sickness

So, picking up the pieces of the last two weeks, I was at the Y this morning bright and early. Well, early for them, they open at 7:00 am on Sundays. Re-restarted week 5 with a quick 1/2 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile run, 1/4 mile walk, 1/2 mile run. I can tell that I have both been sick and been away for a while. That hurt to finish. Not sore so much as, T-I-R-E-D. I tell you what, avoid getting sick when training. It takes a lot out of your batteries, and I felt good enough to go, but it was a struggle.

As I eluded to in my title, the house is full of sickness. Both the Mrs. and I tested positive for strep-throat last week, and this morning I took numbers 2 and 4 in to see the pediatrician, and they too tested positive for the lovely little bugs. So, it is penicillin for the Mrs. and me, and Amoxicillin for the girls. Lucky us. Plus we think that number 1 may or may not have it, so we are debating taking her in for a quick test.

So, now for an overall update on the Mrs, and my weight-loss progress. I told you before that the Mrs is in a "Biggest Loser" style competition, and as of last Tuesday's weigh-in, she is in second place. She had shed 17 pounds in 4 weeks. Not a bad average. I have officially broken below 200 solidly enough that even fully clothed I don't hit that number. When I weighed myself last night after 3 pieces of pizza and fully clothed I came in at 197. Not what I am working for, but I will lose weight before I start packing on muscle, as I have put off doing the weight-training for right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment