Saturday, February 13, 2010

Finally finished that 5th week!

So I finally finished Week 5 of the Couch-to-5K plan.  It only took three tries.  I ran for 2 miles with no walks or pauses  And, while my knees are still getting used to this whole thing again, and the shins are still complaining a little bit, I felt pretty good after, and then this morning feel great.  Tomorrow will be Week 6 Day 1, a nice mix of running and walking.  Warm-up, then run for a 1/2 mile, walk 1/4 mile, run 3/4 mile, walk 1/2 mile, then run 1/2 mile.  The total distance run will be 1.75 miles with about 1 mile walked.  I usually warm up with a 1/4 mile brisk walk and then cool down is the same, although I usually slow my pace a bit as I get further into the cool-down.

I am starting to need both new pants and belts, mine are all looking like I am cinching them up a lot.  Actually, one belt I actually have to pin it two holes smaller than I have been and it is bulging in the spot that I had been wearing it.  Poor belt doesn't stand a chance.  The upside is that I am in need of some new clothes for work, and I am thinking that I may have to go get a few pairs of slacks and maybe a new shirt or two.  Not really what I was expecting to need, but I will take it.  I need to upgrade now anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment