Monday, October 11, 2010

Saturday in the Rain w/ picts

Saturday was a lovely rainy day.  And how did I spend my morning?  Why, in a long slow run of course!  Oh, and I have pictures of my favorite back road.  I had thought about bringing a camera last weekend when I got to the start of the backroad that I run nearly every weekend.  And, I did this weekend.


The run was going to be a 12 miler, but with my heel giving me a bit of grief this week, I opted to shorten the run to another 8.5 miles.  I am confident that I can cover the 13.1 miles come race day, but I will need my heel to hold together until at least then.  So out into the rain I went.  It was warm on Saturday, and I should have left my long sleeves at home.  As it was, by the time I had hit one mile, I was shedding layers.  I had the jacket tied to my waist and was coming up on the corner that I thought would make a great picture.
This is right at the top of the first little roller, and you can just make out the next two hills from here.

This was taken from the top of the last hill you can see in the first picture.  One of these days I will do a trash run on this road and get some of the debris that is along side of it.  I could have taken three more pictures along this one road.  I consider it to be flat, but here is what MapMyRun says:
Sorry for the chaos with this pict, I'm still getting the hang of it.  But as you can see, it is MOSTLY flat...  I don't think the systems can really account for the fact that you drop about 90 feet just to have to pick it back up again.

Anyway, I like that road as I like to say hi to the llamas and the goats as I go by them.  Plus, I often see other runners on that road, and they are all the BadAss tri-athletes that live in my town running on that road.

I run through my neighborhood and find my way to the city park where I saw the skunk a while ago.  This is from about where I saw the little guy at 5:00 am in the dark.  It is good to have good eyesight.

Well, I finished the run, and I have now given you an idea of the sights and smells along my way...I refrained from taking pictures of the donut shop, as that is hard enough to pass by as it is.


The heel feels pretty good this morning, and I will keep an even schedule through this week and then begin to "taper" a bit going into my b-day.  I think a nice 5 miler tomorrow would be lovely.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics. Good luck with your taper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful running area! I like the graph!! It's not flat :). I met another runner from your town Saturday and she was talking about the hills, lol.
    Great job on the 8+ with the heel issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get so used to the hills that we don't even think about them. I actually got flamed on-line after a race for describing the course as mostly flat. We ran down that road. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics - looks like it's been raining some. Yum. =) I hope your heel continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete