Sunday, January 17, 2010

Next Race scheduled! Shamrock Run Portland

Well, as I said, there is a new race in the near future, and I am pushing to actually make this a full run race. I have been to the gym running abound the indoor track at least three days a week. It is kind of fun having to do the math to calculate 1/4 miles when the track it 1/14 of a mile long. So on the Couch-To-5K training program, I just finished week 4, which is Jog 1/4 mile, walk 1/8 mile, run 1/2 mile, walk 1/4 mile, run 1/4 mile, walk 1/8 mile run 1/2 mile. So not quite running 2 miles, consistently added a bit of speed, and on Saturday, I shaved the walks and added to the runs, so I ended with an extra lap over all, but with less walking distance. So 1.7 miles run, and .3 miles walked on the last day.

I woke up this morning with the thought, that maybe I should go to the Y and do a run. I chose not to, as I pushed hard yesterday. Tomorrow morning....1/2 mile run, 1/4 walk, 1/2 mile run, 1/4 walk, 1/2 mile run. Then we add from there to a solid 2 miles with no walking by day three! Stay tuned.

Oh and I bought new shoes, more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment