Friday, January 15, 2010

A New Year---A New Challenge for the Mrs.

So, with the new year, I am training for a new race--info on that later. This post is for the Mrs. She is signed up for a "Biggest Loser" type competition. There are 18 competitors, and they all ponied $50 each into the pot. The person with the most weight lost by percentage will win the pot. This makes for a nice incentive and payoff for the hard work. We have both switched our diets and she is going to the gym at least 5 days a week. She has lost 10lbs so far, at a little over 1 week in. We are both getting back into the full swing of things and my work schedule caused a little break-down of the work out schedule for her. If I work too late, she can't get up to the Y before they close. I will begin adjusting the various after-hours work I have to be more on Saturdays so that I can be home in time for a nutritious dinner and she can get to the gym. We are both looking forward to shocking a few of my family members with the changes we have made.

So I will post periodic updates on the Mrs.' progress. So here is to my better half getting into better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment