Saturday, January 14, 2012

W2D3 --- Starting over barefoot

Ugg, and no, I'm not talking about my comfy slippers. Today was not easy to do. First, who wants to get up on a Saturday after a long week and go run?  Now I know why Sunday long runs work for me.  And since I plan on running every other day, I "get" to run every other Saturday.  I did get up, and I did get the run in. I will spend some quality time with my foam roller tonight as my right knee is telling me it wants some lovin'.  The calves feel pretty good, but I did have to back off the throttle on one of the legs this morning. Clearly I am a bit tired, and with my knee complaining, maybe was pushing too hard.  My feet aren't bothering me much, so that is good.  The left one feels like I need to pop the knuckles of half of it, but other than that it is all good.  Monday brings 3 minute sustained intervals, so that might be fun to see if I can hold this pace for that long each time.  They say speed kills, and my legs might agree, but then again, they might be getting stronger inspite of their protestations.